Image Map

Monday 11 April 2016

Things I Have Learned Since Moving Out

I moved out of my mums house in 2013 to attend university an hour and a half away and let me tell you, living without parents is really not what it is cracked up to be. Responsibilities that I was not prepared for came flying at me. In first year I lived with my boyfriend in student accommodation, second year with a friend from uni and now, in my third year, I live with my boyfriend again and another couple. So I definitely have had a variety of different experiences.. here is what I have learned:


- Bills, bills everywhere

They are a massive pain aren't they? Just when you think that everything is covered, another pending payment pops up. The sad thing is there is no avoiding them.. no matter how hard you try.

- Washing

The piles do not just jump into the washing machine, dry and then turn up back into your wardrobe themselves which is extremely sad. Furthermore, just as you empty the basket it fills up straight away again. Thanks mum is all I have to say. 

- Different levels of cleanliness

Not everyone is OCD with cleaning as much as me, this is definitely the biggest thing that I have learned. I definitely think that it is something that I inherited from my mum. Also, I have realized that not everyone sees 'mess' (something which my mum keeps reminding me of). That gratings of cheese on the counter tops may stand out to me and play on my mind but others may not even see the microscopic crumbs. 

- Homeware wishlists never end

There is constantly newer and better homeware being offered yet I can never buy any due to my tiny budget. I could literally hunt in stores like Dunelm, The Range and B&M for hours on end. I am definitely going to become a hoarder. 

- Problems with the flat are my problems

When I lived at home, I did not have to deal with problems such as damp or even little things like a light bulb going. However, now that I do not have my mum to take care of these things I actually have to pretend that I know what I am doing. 





What have you learned since moving out?

10 comments:

  1. i lived away for uni too and cleanliness was the worse part! I lived with some very messy people during second year and it drove me mad! Thankfully 3rd year went a lot more smooth :P
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am just meant to live by myself or with my boyfriend ha ha

      Delete
  2. Ah living alone is a tough one at the start! I was running out of things and was like err I have to buy loo roll??! Bills are a nightmare, s stressful and cleaning, I have OCD and it was so hard haha! Worth it but hard!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggled so much with cleaning as well. I guess when you're with your family half your work unknowingly is divided but when you move out you are responsible for your own self. It's tough but once you'll get the hang of it, you'll love it! :D
    xx

    stayinoui.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, its hard when not everyone likes the same level of cleaning as you!

      Delete
  4. I totally feel you! I moved out 4 years ago with Pete and realised how clueless and dependant I was! I am so bad with money really that's the main thing, I still am. Teach me adulting. haha xxx

    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is imperative looking that we following very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing. It is very effective fashionable and styleist life as like you or others https://alexie.co/fashion/how-to-wear-denim-shirts/

    ReplyDelete