Image Map

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Amazon 'Metal' Makeup Brushes

I used to constantly hint to my boyfriend about buying me the Real Techniques Bold Metals contour brush and I think he got a bit fed up of it. He carried out his own research and found these brushes on Amazon for only £7.80 and with reviews such as 'the perfect dupes', I thought that they were definitely worth a try.



The set contains 3 silver brushes that are primarily for the eyes. The '201 Pointed Crease' brush on the right is perfect for applying a precise crease colour and also blending. In the middle is the '200 Oval Shadow' brush which is good at applying shadow all over the lid and finally the '202 Angled Liner' brush on the left which can be used for either liner or on the eyebrows.


The gold brushes seem to be for face products such as powder or foundation however I have yet to try both. On the left is the '100 Arched Powder' brush which will be good for applying powder all over the face. The brush on the right hand side is called the '101 Triangle Foundation' brush which personally I would use for applying powder under my eyes and not for foundation. 


Finally the rose gold brushes are for applying other face products. The '301 Flat Contour' brush on the right is definitely the one which persuaded me to buy the set. It works well in applying a precise contour as well as blending. On the right is the '300 Tapered Blush' brush which I have yet to use as I do not apply blush.


So overall the brushes are a great deal at £7.80 however I cannot compare to the actual Real Technique ones. The reviews on Amazon are great and state that although the brushes are not as heavy or dense as the originals, they work almost as well. They have not persuaded me to not get the RT contour brush though, that is still definitely on my wishlist!







Have you tried the Real Techniques Bold Metal brushes?

13 comments:

  1. this looks so good for the price, very pretty!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real techniques are the must have brushes but these really do look like decent dupes, they are so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I desperately want to try one of their bold metal ones:)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh the metals collection is absolutely gorgeous!! I just can't believe the prices of them over here

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great price and they look so pretty.
    I have had my eye on the RT metals collection for a while but cannot justify the money. Great set of dupes though xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do seem like lovely brushes:) these are great to fill the void in the mean time

      Delete
  5. These do look like great dupes but honestly I am not all into the Real Techniques bold metal brushes. I have tried 2 face brushes and I think their original brushes are fab and don't compare. x

    Sara's Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I read this, I've been wanting to get some dupes for the real techniques for a while now but wasn't sure if they'd be worth even spending £8 on but these sound fab and look gorgeous! I may have to make a cheeky Amazon order tonight!

    Georgia X
    Georgia Petite

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have these but i got mine off Ebay. Like you, ive not tried the RT ones but i think these are really good for the price of them!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete